See the sights and ride the rides in fun, new places
When there is so much more than just the shore
How to choose the best destination for everyone
From snapper to sailboating, find the perfect place to drop anchor
The best places to golf in the U.S. for every skill level
Check off your bucket list with these destinations
Find a home away from home this winter season
Find nature's most serene beauty in these locations
Find the right type of skiing experience for you
Sweeping vistas for gorgeous places to get married
Finding the best wineries to visit, tour, and taste test
Your Ultimate Map to Big Canoe, GA: What to Eat, Drink, and Explore
Welcome to Big Canoe, Georgia, a picturesque haven for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. Nestled in the North Georgia mountains, this idyllic destination offers the perfect blend of tranquility and adventure. Whether you're planning a weekend getaway or a longer vacation, you'll find an abundance of activities and delicious dining options. To help you map out the most of your stay in your cozy vacation rental, we've gathered some insider recommendations from local experts Deborah Joy Torrance and Wynn Jones, owners of Mountain Home Rentals of Georgia. Let's dive into the best things to do, see, and eat during your Big Canoe vacation while enjoying the comforts of your vacation rental.
Visit one of Deborah and Wynn’s favorite restaurants:
- Big Canoe Clubhouse: Start your day with a delightful brunch at the Big Canoe Clubhouse. With stunning views of Lake Sconti and an extensive menu, it's the perfect spot to map out your adventures for the day.
- Home Restaurant: For a cozy, family-friendly dining experience, Home Restaurant is a must-visit. From Southern comfort food to fresh seafood, they have a wide array of delicious dishes.
- Sourwood: Sourwood offers fine dining with a touch of Southern flair. Savor a romantic dinner with dishes that highlight local ingredients and an extensive wine list.
- Fuego Mexican Grill: If you're craving Mexican cuisine, head to Fuego Mexican Grill. They serve up mouthwatering tacos, burritos, and margaritas in a casual and inviting atmosphere.
Raise a Glass
After a day of exploring Big Canoe, unwind at the Black Bear Pub. This local favorite offers a great selection of craft beers, cocktails, and a friendly atmosphere. It's the perfect spot to share stories from your adventures and maybe even make some new friends.
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
Indulge in a tasty treat:
- Polar Bear Ice Cream & Coffee: When you're in need of a sweet treat, head to Polar Bear Ice Cream & Coffee. Their delectable ice creams and coffee concoctions will hit the spot.
- Mary's Bread Basket: Craving freshly baked goods? Mary's Bread Basket is your destination for artisan bread, pastries, and other delectable treats. Grab some to enjoy in your vacation rental or on a scenic picnic.
Explore the local shopping scene and bring back souvenirs or unique finds:
- Foothills IGA Market: This market is your go-to for groceries and essentials. It's perfect for stocking up on supplies for your vacation rental or picking up a picnic basket for an outdoor adventure.
- Lazy Bear Furniture: If you're on the hunt for charming home decor, Lazy Bear Furniture offers rustic and cabin-style furnishings to add that mountain touch to your home.
Outdoor Adventures in Big Canoe
Hiking Trails and Waterfalls: Big Canoe is renowned for its beautiful hiking trails that lead to stunning waterfalls. Whether you're a seasoned hiker or a casual walker, there's a trail for you. Be sure to check out the trails that lead to the breathtaking falls in the area.
Lake Petit Exploration: Get out on the water with an electric pontoon boat on Lake Petit. Enjoy a leisurely cruise, fish, or simply bask in the serene surroundings. The lake offers stunning views of the mountains and is perfect for unwinding.
Offroading and Jeep Trail: For a unique adventure, explore the Jeep Trail to discover historic preserved buildings. This offroading experience offers a glimpse into the area's rich history and provides an adrenaline rush for offroad enthusiasts.
Big Canoe, GA, is a hidden gem waiting to be explored. With an array of dining options, a charming pub, delightful sweets, and exciting outdoor activities, your vacation in Big Canoe promises to be a memorable one. By following the suggestions of local experts Deborah Torrance and Wynn Jones, you'll create an unforgettable itinerary for your stay. So, pack your bags, book your vacation rental, and embark on a journey to this breathtaking corner of Georgia. Adventure, relaxation, and culinary delights await you in Big Canoe, all while enjoying the comfort of your vacation rental home away from home.